Monday, June 6, 2016

Tex Mex Chicken Dinner

Fire up the grill, make a salad, and utilize some of the most popular recipes on this blog! Bright flavors, great textures, and simple to pull together on a summer night! Winner, winner, Tex Mex Chicken Dinner! 






*Please read each allergen disclaimer on each recipe link contained in this post to determine if this meal is safe for your food allergic loved ones! 

This meal has three main components: chicken thighs, roasted potatoes, and a tossed salad.

I like to make the Pico early in the day, and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours to help the flavors all come together! Click HERE for my Pico de Gallo recipe! 

Our tossed salad usually consists of hearts of romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, and if I have it on hand, red onion. You could also include shredded carrots, or corn for this meal! Make it ahead and let each person dress their own salad with Guacamole Dressing. Click HERE for that recipe!

I use Pee Wee Potatoes so I don't have to bother with cutting them. Coat the potatoes with Olive Oil and Taco Seasoning. Be generous with the seasoning to really get that heat and kick!  Roast at 425 degrees F for about 25 minutes. Click HERE for my homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe

Grill chicken thighs seasoned with kosher salt and pepper. 
When you serve the chicken, top it with homemade Pico de Gallo! 

I hope you enjoy this Tex Mex Chicken Dinner many times this grilling season! 







 As always, from The Allergy Safe Kitchen, I wish you "Good Cooking, and Safe Eating"!

No comments:

Post a Comment