Friday, October 24, 2014

Wegmans Pizza Crust - Review

It's "Product Review Friday," so it's time to share another product that we've tested in our kitchen!  Today, I'm reviewing "Wegmans White Flat Bread Pizza Crust."




Make your own pizza night is a favorite event in our home.  I love it too, and I love to make homemade dough, but this school year is kicking my butt with evening music lessons, gymnastics, Little Flowers, Blue Knights, social events...as the kids get older, I seem to be more of a chauffeur!  I recently came upon these ready made pizza crusts as I was cutting through an aisle I don't usually go down.  I noticed the "V" symbol, which - on Wegmans products - means Vegan.  That always catches my attention, because although we are an omnivorous family, Vegan means no dairy, no eggs!  After carefully reading the label, and finding no offending allergens, we gave these convenient crusts a try.  You can imagine what a hero I was upon arriving home, and announcing that we would have "make your own pizza night," commencing immediately! Just hand me my superhero cape. 

We topped ours with homemade sauce, which had been frozen earlier in the month, Follow Your Heart Vegan Mozzarella, and Hormel Turkey Pepperoni.  

Pros: The crusts come in two sizes, 12 inch, and 16 inch, so we can make several smaller ones with different toppings, or a couple large ones to get eating quickly.  The texture is great, they are pre-baked and soft, but after 12-15 minutes in the oven, the crust is crispy and golden.  The crust didn't get soggy with the copious amount of sauce my kids like to load on!  Also, it's a Wegmans "Food you feel good about," so there are no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.  Easy convenience for an allergy family who consumes very few convenience foods on a regular basis! 

Cons: I'm not controlling all the individual ingredients as I would with homemade, and it isn't an organic, non-GMO product.

Bottom Line:  Although I'm still a huge fan of homemade, for a quick dinner, this got thumbs up all around! I'll be buying them again and again this year as we negotiate our busy evenings!  These crusts allowed us to have dinner together on a night that we normally wouldn't have time to bond over a meal! 





 As always, from The Allergy Safe Kitchen, I wish you "Good Cooking, and Safe Eating"!

No comments:

Post a Comment