Saturday, October 4, 2014

Suncups Review




I recently attended the Food Allergy Bloggers Conference, in Las Vegas.  When I arrived to register at the conference, I was greeted with two bags of swag!  Coupons, pens, magnets, magazines, and oh so many samples of allergy friendly products!  Of course, I needed to do my duty to you, my dear readers, and try each sample...um, did I mention there were several varieties of chocolate?  Yum! So, I rolled up my sleeves and dug in. First up? Suncups!



Suncups are a peanut free alternative to the Reese Cup. I tested the Dark Chocolate Variety, and let me tell you, it was heavenly!  Here are my pros and cons:

Pros:  Delicious, great texture, fantastic flavor, nostalgic (As a peanut allergy mom, with no peanut allergy myself, Reese cups were a favorite of mine growing up, but I haven't eaten one in almost 10 years.) Suncups are free of peanuts, tree nuts, corn, soy, eggs, and gluten. 


Cons: Just one: Contains dairy....BUT...after speaking to the Suncups representative at the conference, AND checking out the Suncups website, I am beyond excited to say that Suncups with be launching a DAIRY-FREE version later this year, or early in 2015. 


Bottom Line:  This product is great, as is, for me and my husband, who both sometimes long for a peanut butter cup. When the dairy free version launches, I'll be first in line to buy an obscene amount of these beauties for my children!  


For more information on Suncups: click HERE to 
visit their website!  

Please read all labels when purchasing products for your food allergic family and friends, to ensure that the product meets your allergy needs.  




 As always, from The Allergy Safe Kitchen, I wish you "Good Cooking, and Safe Eating"!

No comments:

Post a Comment