Monday, December 8, 2014

Smokey Steak Seasoning

Every once in a while I get a craving for a great steak, (I prefer an organic rib-eye).  My three year old has a beef allergy, so we don't eat beef as a family any more.  But sometimes, my husband and I eat a late dinner after the kids have gone to bed.  We call it a "date night in." One of our favorite meals is simple steak and potatoes with some sauteed veggies.

I became a little tired of the same old kosher salt and cracked black pepper on my steak, so I concocted this smokey, muted seasoning, with just a hint of heat.  Sprinkle it on your steak , and then sear the steak in a cast iron skillet. (I like to use bacon fat in the skillet, but olive oil would do just fine!) Then serve with whipped potatoes and sauteed veggies of your choice!  Simple, special, and tasty!


I added shrimp to our dinner to make it surf and turf.  After I removed the steak from the skillet, I added a tablespoon of olive oil, and sauteed the shrimp just until opaque.  Then I squeezed fresh lemon over it right before serving! 

By ingredients, this steak seasoning is peanut-free, tree nut-free, dairy-free, egg-free, fish-free, wheat free, gluten free, soy free, and shellfish-free. Top 8 Allergen Free! As always, check this ingredient list and your local products to make sure that this recipe is allergy safe for your family and/or friends!


Steps marked with an asterisk (*) are child friendly!  
Click HERE for more information! 

Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon Kosher salt
1/2 Tablespoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion salt
generous pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon Ancho chili powder

Directions:
  1. *Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until fully combined.
  2. *Sprinkle liberally on both sides of steak.
  3. Store extra seasoning in an airtight container for up to two weeks.

Don't forget to check out my cookbooks on Amazon! 



 As always, from The Allergy Safe Kitchen, I wish you "Good Cooking, and Safe Eating"!

No comments:

Post a Comment