Wednesday, November 5, 2014

For the Love of Cranberries - Cranberry Sauce


I've already made my Cranberry Sauce for Thanksgiving.  Yep, I'm that far ahead of the game, and you can be too!  I make my Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce at the beginning of the month, and I preserve it.  You certainly don't have to go through the process of preserving, this recipe is fantastic made the day of, or up to a week before, simply keep it in the fridge.  I make 4x this recipe and I use it for Cranberry Muffins, and for Cranberry Spread. (4x the recipe yields approximately 5 quarts of Cranberry Sauce.) 

This cranberry sauce recipe is peanut-free, tree nut-free, dairy-free, egg-free, wheat-free, gluten-free, soy-free, fish-free, and shellfish-free. Top 8 Allergen Free! As always, check this ingredient list and your local products to make sure that this recipe is allergy safe for your family and/or friends!

Steps marked with an asterisk (*) are child friendly for children who understand stove top safety!  
Click HERE for more information! 


Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce

 Ingredients:
1 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
1 cup water
Zest of 2 oranges
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
24 ounces fresh cranberries

I wish you could smell this! 

Directions:
1. *Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
2. *Bring to a simmer and continue cooking for 15 minutes until           thickened.
3. Ladle into warm glass jars and process for 10 minutes in a               boiling water canner. OR Store in airtight containers in the               fridge for up to 1 week.



Everything in the pot and ready to simmer! 



 As always, from The Allergy Safe Kitchen, I wish you "Good Cooking, and Safe Eating"!


Photo Credits: Aidan Van Horn

No comments:

Post a Comment